Volunteer at Podcast Movement
Interested in helping out at Podcast Movement?
While Podcast Movement is a large event, we usually need just a handful of volunteers, so if you are looking to attend the event, you should definitely consider registering during the discounted registration period. REGISTER NOW.
If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, there are a number of requirements that must be fulfilled. If you’re unable to participate fully, we encourage you to register for PM as an attendee.
Before the Conference
- Sign the Volunteer Agreement.
- The following are optional to all volunteers:
On Monday 8/12 we will be bag stuffing in the Gatlin Reg #2 office if you would like to come by and lend a hand
On Tuesday 8/13 we will be conducting the early check in party, if you would like to help out during the party please arrive by 2PM and check-in with Jess Agostino
During the Conference
You can expect to work 10-15 hours (not including the training day) during the conference. In many cases you will still be able to attend some (or even all) of the sessions you want to. We try to accommodate your preferences, but your volunteer service will take priority.
After the Conference
Provide feedback following the event through our staff survey.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comfort with high public visibility. Outgoing personalities are a plus.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Events experience a plus.
- Personal awareness and emotional maturity.
- Availability: Tuesday, August 13 from 9am until Friday, August 16 at 2pm. We do have opportunities for single day volunteers, and can accommodate those who need to leave earlier, but preference will be given to those able to attend the entire event.
Benefits to You
- Access to ALL event sessions, once shift is complete or as duties allow.
- Paid lunches on Wednesday and Thursday (if you have a shift that day)
- Access to the evening Networking Parties, once shift is complete.
- Access to recordings of all sessions after the conference.
- Exposure to the top podcasters and podcast companies in the world.
- Behind the scenes access to the Podcast Movement team.
- Expand your network of friends and potential business or employment opportunities.
VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTIONS
Room Host Lead
Role Description: Each of our 10 session rooms will have one Room Host that will communicate directly with our team, and the speakers in your room. Your role will be to watch traffic flow, distribute handouts as needed, communicate time cues to the speaker, facilitate microphones for Q&A, and more. As the Room Host, you will be in charge of reporting the room statistics back to the Podcast Movement team. Please note: You will only be able to attend sessions that are in your room while you are on your shift.
Typical Hours: Tuesday 9am – 5pm, Wednesday 9am – 4pm, Thursday 9am – 5pm (Includes breaks and meals, broken into 4 hour shifts)
Typical Hours: Wednesday 8am – 5pm, Thursday 8am – 5pm (Includes breaks and meals, broken into 4 hour shifts)